ACR Greater China Reinsurance Seminar 2019 in Xiamen, China11th July 2019
Our Greater China team has successfully concluded yet another edition of the ACR Greater China Reinsurance Seminar in Xiamen, Fujian Province. Over 29-31 May 2019, the seminar hosted industry colleagues from close to 30 insurance companies, many of whom travelled specially to the Chinese southeastern coastal city for the seminar.
Together with eminent Chinese guest speakers, ACR’s experts from across Greater China territories and lines of business, enjoyed three days of insight-sharing across a breadth of topics. The packed programme covered Insurance-Linked Securities (ILS), marine and casualty risks and trends, and market-specific discussions.
There was also a spotlight on digital disruption, where distinguished guest speakers, Dr Xu Xian of Fudan University, shared on InsurTech, and Mr Xie Bangjie of Tencent’s WeSure Insurance Company, discussed the impact of online insurance on the traditional insurance market.
There were also ample networking opportunities for the participants, including a day trip to Gulang Island (also known as Kulangsu), a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site off the coast of Xiamen.
We thank all the participants who attended the seminar, with special appreciation to our guest speakers:
- Dr Xu Xian, Director, China Insurance and Social Security Research Centre, Fudan University;
- Mr Xie Bangjie, General Manager and COO, Tencent’s WeSure Insurance Company
ACR speakers at the seminar included:
- Solomon Chiu, Head of Greater China, Treaty;
- Andy Li, Taiwan Chief Representative;
- Dr Yao Jianzhong, Shanghai Chief Representative;
- Michael Resnikoff, Head of Casualty & Financial Lines, Facultative;
- Simon Stonehouse, Head of Marine.
Here are photos from the event: